It may seem hard to believe that you can get a small waist with the use of a garment that was deemed too unfashionable to wear many years ago. However, modern women are finding out that the corset can give them the same sort of figure that was seen in Victorian times. Corset training is becoming more popular and while it is by and large totally harmless, it is worth understanding the right way to go about it.
How Does It Work?
Heat plays a large part in the process. Thermogenics is a process by which heat is created in the area of the waist as a result of metabolic stimulation. The make-up of the corset is cotton, latex and polyester and when combined in the correct proportions, these fabrics store heat and lead the body to reducing in the areas where they are applied.
Does Waist Training Work?
There are going to be some people who deny that this will work and are also concerned about how long the process will take. The answer will be different for all people as a number of things have to be considered
- How often you wear the corset.
- How tight it is
- The weather can play a part – you are bound to perspire more in summer than in winter
- Keeping to a sensible diet and exercise regime.
- Carrying out the specific waist training exercises that will be recommended.
If the above are all followed, it is not unreasonable to expect to lose between 3 and 4 inches within the first month.
Things to Consider
You must keep up with work needed to get where you want to be. It could be that your metabolism or body type may work for or against you, but when it comes down to it you should be able to get the waist size you want, even if it takes a little longer than expected.
How To Achieve The Results
- Exercise – this will increase the amount that you sweat and when wearing the corset, it will lead to more sweating and more of a reduction.
- Sensible eating – this does not mean that it has to be all lettuce and lentils, but has to be by and large sensible with the odd little treat thrown in.
- Be committed – once the garment has been purchased, it needs to be used very regularly. Picking it up and using it once a week or so will not be enough and you need to remember why you wanted to use it in the first place.
- Build on a healthy lifestyle – the corset can only do so much on its own. You will need to keep to the healthy regime you began. Lots of exercise will get the results you desire.
The greatest motivator with corset training is seeing the good results. There is also an element of thinking that they don’t want the money spent on the corset to be wasted so they start out well and keep to the plan. This will lead to the healthy diet being stuck to and the exercises being carried out faithfully. The initial good results will lead to more motivation and more exercise.
It is not just the looking good element that makes people happy with wearing a corset. It can give a further benefit in as much as the fact that it improves posture. This will also remove fat from the lower back giving clothes an all-round better look to clothes. If there are straps connected, the bust will be raised and keep the shoulders correctly aligned.